About the programme
We’re an iconic brand – but we’re constantly evolving and have our sights set on the future. Our innovative product ranges are the key to our success. Marketing them to our customers in a clear and compelling way will be down to you.
The originality of our food and fashion campaigns helps us build our brand and capture the imaginations of customers old and new. Creating them means working with various teams and a roster of agencies to deliver a consistent customer journey from home to store every month.
What is the purpose of the role? To provide administrative and operational support to the marketing team in the delivery of high-profile seasonal womenswear campaigns.
Key accountabilities and measures:
- Assisting the team in sample management, tracker input, content briefing and management
- Organising key touch point and briefing meetings
- Supporting the team in gathering competitor and seasonal information for the briefs and PIR
- Assisting with the preparation and delivery of key season shoots
- Developing and implementing promotional décor e.g. tracker
- Interacting with external creative media and PR agencies, as well as internal stakeholders (brand & marketing, visual merchandising, buying)
- General administration and task support
- A marketing, analytical or business-related degree.
- Marketing work experience is highly desirable.
- Proven Microsoft Office skills (particularly Word, Powerpoint and Excel).
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Independent worker who is self sufficient
- Strong attention to detail
- Multi Tasker – ability to work on multiple projects
Key Relationships and Stakeholders
- Space planning
- Store Communication & Retail
- Media and content centres of excellence
- External creative Agencies
Applications for this role have now closed.
Marketing Assistant (6 months FTC)
Head Office (London)
Message us on WhatsApp:
*Service only available during office hours
Applications for our business placement and graduate programmes are now closed.
Applications will reopen in September 2017 for our 2018 intake.
Learning and Development
We've plenty of learning opportunities both in store and at our Head Office, which vary according to your scheme. Whether you’re managing people in store, or a valued member of a Head Office team, you’ll be learning while you earn, shouldering real responsibilities and helping to tackle the ever-changing issues of the day. You will be given a specific area of responsibility or a project to manage yourself fairly early on - say yes, it's a great chance to shine.
While we‘ll provide the training tools and opportunities, it’s up to you to take advantage of them. You’ll be expected to use your initiative to identify learning needs specific to you – and have the motivation to meet these needs.
Theory's all well and good, but few plans survive contact with the customer. If you’re based in Head Office, you'll get hands-on, in-store experience through our store attachment programme. Depending on your graduate programme the attachment could be anything from one week to three months.
Corporate Learning Programme
Our cutting-edge workshops will hone your business abilities, ranging from skills foundation and competency training to full-on project management.
We're investing heavily in smarter technology to achieve our vision of becoming the world's most successful multi-channel retailer. So we'll invest plenty of time with you to ensure you receive all the right technical training.
We will support you throughout your career at M&S and, with role-specific training, help you reach your goals.
Unlike many companies, M&S performance management isn't just a case of us saying jump higher. We ensure your achievements are recognised, your feedback is heard and, of course, that your career is progressing. After all, M&S only performs well when we all do.
Depending on the area of the business you join, you could have the opportunity to work towards professional qualifications to enhance your career progression with M&S.