Level 7 Solicitor Apprenticeship
Over the six year period, our solicitor apprentice will gain training and experience across all areas of the in-house Legal Department at M&S, covering both contentions and non-contentious work.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Our solicitor apprentice will be given training, guidance and experience necessary to enable development of key skills to become a solicitor, including:
- Providing general and administrative support to the solicitors and paralegals
- Assisting with drafting legal documents and correspondence
- Carrying out basic legal research
- Carrying out any photocopying, binding and preparing trial bundles, as required
- Liaising with business areas and responding to telephone queries
- Establishing and maintaining effective and professional relationships with internal business clients
- Carrying out basic searches under supervision, including Trade Mark, Company and Property searches
- Assisting the team members with their workloads, subject to close supervision
As they gain more experience, the solicitor apprentice will be given more responsibility such as attending client meetings and running parts of projects/cases
The ideal candidate will have the confidence to deal with various individuals and groups. They will have the ability to solve problems, use judgment, reasoning and will be able to respond to challenge. They will be supported to undertake recognised qualifications whilst gaining invaluable on-the-job experience. They will need to be a team player, reliable, adaptable, conscientious, have attention to detail and able to work to instructions.
To find out more about a solicitor apprenticeship, please click here.
Six Year Programme
Message us on WhatsApp*
*Service only available during office hours